Monday, February 20, 2012

Work to Live

Today was a rotten Monday at work. And I mean rotten. Like Alexander and the Terrible, Awful, No-Good, Very Bad Day rotten. It made me want to move to Australia and everything.

But see, that's the thing about work: I go to work, I earn my money, and then I go home and enjoy life.

This isn't to say that I don't enjoy my life at work. I do. My co-workers are good to chat with. My job is mostly easy (except on a day like today, when everyone needs everything RIGHT NOW and there are no simple solutions). The hours I work are good. I've got a boss that's very understanding, smart, and approachable. The pay is pretty decent.

Does that mean I love my job? ...Not exactly. I don't wake up and just love what I do for a living. I wake up, log my seven hours of time on the job, go home, and decompress.

Today, decompressing included just being so danged pleased as punch to be able to come home and see my handsome husband, to feel loved, to hug him for centuries at a time without even caring about getting anything else done, to make steamed dumplings and rice for dinner, to sit down and watch the latest installment of Once Upon A Time, and to maybe even go to bed early.

It's for all those reasons, and many more, that I won't let my professional world get me down. In fact, I'll continue to think I'm awesome.

And if you're in need of motivation to feel awesome, look no further:


It definitely helped me today. I mean, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment