Sunday, February 5, 2012

Am I ready for some football? (Hint: Answer is no.)

I kind of love being married to a man that, among his many redeeming qualities, isn't a rabid football fan. It's not to say that I don't dig a good football game, but it's not my whole world, you know? Maybe you do know. Maybe you're one of the five people that isn't watching the Super Bowl right now.

My lack of appreciation for football isn't some smarmy way for me not to conform (goodness knows I run the rat race to conformity plenty enough as it is). It's not even that I can't follow the game or that I'm not familiar with the rules. It's just simply not my thing is all.

And so, today was spent watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet (Aberdeen was robbed of the MVP award. ROBBED, I TELL YOU), working out in the downstairs gym (I ran over a mile on the treadmill and didn't get tired, you guys!), making soup, then snuggling up with my non-football-appreciative husband watching Studio Ghibli animation and decidedly calling it a night early.

In other news, tomorrow is Monday. I can think of no other word to describe my sentiments on this matter except for a disenchanted, deflated pleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment