Friday, February 3, 2012

The Handbag Chronicles

Some girls are shoe girls. You know the type: all about buying 47 pairs of pumps in every shade and dedicate an entire closet to rotating displays of all sorts of stuff. Them types of girls. Shoe girls.

I'm more of a handbag girl. Only, see, I don't go around buying multiple handbags to coordinate my outfits. (This isn't because I don't want to; it's because I have a horrid tendency to forget to put things back into purses I use. Like, oh, I don't know, my wallet.) What I do is a typically wear out a handbag/purse/tote to death and I go on a quest to find another one.

Tonight, it was time to find another one. That shouldn't stress me out as much as it does, but I'm awfully particular about the bags I use.

They've got to look hip, yet functional. Roomy bags are a must, but they can't be a black hole into which all of my lip products disappear. They have to go with, like, every single one of my outfits.

You should've seen me, guys. I was walking through the same three aisles at Target tonight, looking over every.single.bag. It was like speed dating. For bags.

And then I saw her.


Ain't she a beaut? A huuuuuge tote bag with crumpled leather finish and and and it's pretty danged awesome.

This bag girl is very pleased.

1 comment: