Thursday, February 23, 2012

Theme Park, Multi-Level, Homogenize-the-World Mochaccino Land

Today's entry marks my hundredth post, and to commemorate the occasion, I thought I'd present you all with a bit of fluff about one of my all-time favorite movies.


You've Got Mail hit theaters when I was twelve years old. Let's face it: no twelve year-old has a sweet clue about the essential formulaic principles governing a good rom-com. Naivete aside, I saw it in theaters about four times.

This movie became a quotable, stay-home-when-you're-sick-because-it-makes-you-feel-better movie. And then, years later, it became a movie that I watched and got all nostalgic for AOL and such things as dialup. (How did we even function as a society without at least the most basic DSL? I ask you.) It makes me feel more energized when I'm typing away on a laptop keyboard (e.g., right now). It fills me with a zeal to visit every single one of the filming locations on my upcoming trip to New York.

It also features Meg Ryan's character running an adorbs children's bookstore and reading customers Roald Dahl stories with a pointy hat. Let's be perfectly honest with ourselves here: I would be so stinking good at being The Storybook Lady.

Above: My dream job.

I don't even dig romantic comedies, but I absolutely love the warm fuzzies that You've Got Mail gives me. And it makes me almost want to revert back to the simpler days of AOL and dial-up. Almost.

Also, for those of you who have been reading from my first entry to today's #100: thanks, y'all. You give me the warm fuzzies. Let's make my next hundred blog posts even better. (And by "let's," I mean "I should.")

No comments:

Post a Comment