Monday, August 13, 2012

Still I will say

Well, there was going to be potential good news from this weekend's shenanigans: we'd found a house (very close to where we used to live pre-Dunwoody), and we'd even made an offer. But, big surprise: someone else snuck in and made an offer just as we submitted the paperwork.

So, y'know, back to Square One. Again.

But here's the thing: I'm grateful for it. Yes indeedy, I'm thanking God that He let that process end very quickly with that house (as opposed to drawing it out for weeks, only to slam the door in our faces later). Not only that, but David and I are finding more houses to look at on Saturday, and they're (1) gorgeous and (2) in our price range.

I could choose to wallow in discouragement and self-pity. I could choose to blame God or the circumstances that be. I could choose to make my life difficult and get nowhere by kvetching.

But really, what's the point of resorting to that? Nothing gets done. What gets things done is action. And by golly, I'm an Action Jacquie. And we're gonna go get 'em.

1 comment: