Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Dutch Man

Once upon a time, I met an amazing fella with a robot in hand, and he asked me to take a picture with it. My first thought: He's nerdy AND hot. Score one for me!

Two and-a-half years later, I became that handsome man's missus. And twenty-five years ago today, that amazing man was born.

David is my best friend. He's my husband. He's my accountability partner. His lips are fun to smooch. He's my workout buddy. We can walk together around new places and never tire of it. He's really really ridiculously good looking. He'll be the father of our children someday, and he's the keeper of my heart.

Happy birthday, my love. You're the most tremendous blessing I've known on this earth, and I love you.

(Oh, and I made him a Domo-kun cake tonight. Not bad for a first attempt. The gang seemed to like it, anyway.)



3 comments: