Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grateful

On my way to my hair appointment yesterday, I got an unpleasant ding on my dashboard: the "Check Brake Pads" light. That was a first, and not the good first either. It's the sort of first I didn't even want to have one of. You know.

So while I took my Volkswagen Passat to the dealership to get 'er looked at, I figured I'd address another problem that had been plaguing my car for a few months: it was making a dreadful putt-putt sound whenever the steering wheel went hard over. (Yes, my little gray baby has a plethora of issues, but don't they all?)

Turns out that not only do I need new brake pads, but that putting sound? A dead giveaway that my axel is about to break.

Gotta replace them both (my axel and brakes). And it ain't cheap.

So why am I grateful? Because we've got enough savings to cover little emergencies like these. And I've got a heck of a loaner car: a 2012 CC. It's all in how you look at these situations. Attitudes are contagious, and I want some positivity to be catchin'.

I'll let you cats know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment