Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Lou, Part 2

Spoiled myself rotten with room service breakfast this morning. I felt like Kate Middleton, let me tell you.

The rest of the day was generally uneventful: answered work emails, had meetings with our account consultants, and sat in a ton of keynote speakers and breakout sessions. They were all awesome and relevant, just nothing that's blog-worthy. All of this culminated at an event earlier this evening that included so many hors d'oeuvres that I ended up classifying it as dinner.

By the time we were done with conference-y sorts of things, I had a solid 10 minutes of daylight left before sunset. Thankfully, the St. Louis Arch is right outside my door. And I mean, right outside it. You turn left, and wham. Giant croquet hoop. I walked around outside for maybe half an hour before I started to get that whole white-lady-traveling-by-herself-and-doesn't-look-like-a-local paranoia. Sure, those scruffy (and perhaps homeless) guys might've been harmless old codgers, but I wasn't about to take any chances.

And so here I am, back in the hotel. It's fine, though, since I've got to be back downstairs for more conference stuff at 7:30am tomorrow morning.

It's been just peachy so far, though I'm kind of disappointed that my business trip hasn't turned out like this one:


Don't act like you guys don't watch some Homestar Runner every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment