Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Making up for lost time

I reckon the guilt has subsided since this morning, when I realized in a flight of panic that I'd skipped an entry last night. And here I am, as promised, writing two entries today to make up for it.

As a whole, I feel rotten about my efforts with this blog. Have I committed to my resolution for the past 41 days and blogged daily? Well, technically (if you don't count the skipped day yesterday and the almost-skipped-day last month). Have they been awesome, quality, make-you-think entries? Nope.

Guess I'm afraid of being too political, too polarizing, too vocal. What if I say something that someone doesn't like? Silly fears, really.

I think that, in the coming year, I need to be afraid to take those chances. Why not say what I think? Why not take a chance?

Until then, it's small goals for me. Like cutting up vegetables for pot roast and mastering the art of crackle nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment