Thursday, December 1, 2011

LIKE A LIGHTBULB!

To celebrate the season (and because it's socially appropriate to do so, it being the first day of December and all), David and I watched some Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer tonight.

This movie's got a lot of sentimental value to me. When I was a kid, we had an old beat-up VHS tape that we used to tape some Christmas specials when they aired on TV: How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman. That puppy got popped into the ol' VCR every Christmas Eve, and even now, it draws up lots of pleasant nostalgia-y memories.

I hadn't seen Rudolph in a while, and I don't know if you have, either. But holy cow, the whole picture is a minefield of inappropriate social morals. I'm not just talking about the usual not letting poor Rudolph join in  any reindeer games business either. People are genuinely awful to social misfits.

Don't get me wrong, it's fully laughable.

Cherry on top: the folks at Cracked thought it was awful too.

Also: I want to adopt all the residents of the Island of Misfit Toys (especially the spotted pink elephant, and the dolly that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH HER WHATSOEVER).

No comments:

Post a Comment