Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cleanse - Day 4

Kind of a weird regimen today: like 6 bananas, a few glasses of skim milk, and the rest of that vegetable soup I'd made. I tried something interesting with some of the bananas (thanks to Pinterest): Freeze a few of them in pieces, then run 'em through the blender with a little bit of skim milk. It ALMOST tasted like ice cream. It definitely had the consistency, almost more like a Wendy's Frosty. Oh, heavens yes. It was enough to stave off my craving for sweets.

Earlier tonight, I threw tomorrow's regimen into the slow cooker: lean beef and tomatoes. I added a little onion and green pepper for flavor (because seriously, what are vegetables going to do to sabotage my cleanse/diet?), and it'll be ready bright and early for a little bit of breakfast tomorrow before work. Then lunch. Then dinner. Whee?

I'm doing better than I thought I would, and at least the hard part's over. Tomorrow and Tuesday I can have meat again. Wednesday I enjoy the sweet luxury of brown rice. And then I'm done (and hopefully conditioned to make healthier choices and not go so bonkers).

No comments:

Post a Comment